Connections across London and Essex
The latest travel information that could impact your journey to or from the Airport
Important passenger notice
If there are any important notices you need to know, we will always do our best to let passengers know well in advance. You can find any disruptions to London Southend Airport services below.
Alternative transport between London Southend Airport and London
- Discounted taxi shuttle service. An airport shared taxi service providing a direct connection to Upminster available from the taxi marshal service at £15 per passenger. Estimated journey time to Upminster is 40 minutes.
- Taxi or X30 bus service to Southend Central. Taxi to Southend Central, journey time approx 8 minutes.
- Bus service. Hourly connection to the c2c line via Basildon, for trains to London. Estimated journey time 11 minutes to Southend Central.
- Arriva number 9 bus. Bus stop located near the Holiday Inn which stops at Whitegate Road and is then a 6-minute walk to Southend Central station, for the c2c line to London.
- Greater Anglia Rail Replacement. Greater Anglia will be drafting in rail replacement bus services, located at the bus stop in front of the terminal. Additional staff will point you to the buses and provide information and assistance to make the process as smooth as possible.